accidental super powers

Today at my yoga class I laughed my head off about something, and it wasn't when I was watching my husband and co-yoga pal try to balance while doing the "tree" (although that was pretty funny). I was laughing at a story that one of the other guys who attends the class told us.

He owns his own lawn care business, but he moonlights by taking people out on hunting tours and even helps train hunting dogs, and yesterday he was telling us about a pheasant that used to follow him around in a field that they hunted in. He had penned up all of the pheasants he had caught so that he could let them go a few at a time for the hunters to track and shoot, and in this pen he had also put his little pheasant so that it wouldn't get accidentally shot.


Over the course of a week or so all of the birds, except the little pheasant, had methodically been taken from the pen and had met their fate out in the field. With no intention of killing his little shadow, my friend went into the pen to release him, when the pheasant looked at him, figured out he was the only one left, promptly had a heart attack and died.

Now, I am not laughing at the death of the bird. I like birds. I am laughing at my friend's fear that he has now accidentally acquired the power of the evil eye. He warned everyone in the room to not look at him for too long because he couldn't be responsible for what might happen.
We all laughed pretty hard while trying to hold our lotus position, and then we scooped up our mats and, without making eye contact, said goodbye until Tuesday.

5 comments

Little GrumpyAngel | November 7, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Oh, poor birdie! :-( I didn't know birds can have heart attacks. Apparently he wasn't in shape and his heart couldn't handle the stress, huh? Your friend should have taught him yoga and helped him stay fit instead of fattened him up inside a pen :-)

Yikes, I wouldn' want your friend's super power! Too scary :-)

Heidi | November 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Heee-larious! Thanks for the chuckle! I needed it!

LisAway | November 8, 2008 at 12:15 AM

I wouldn't normally continue reading a post that starts "Today at my yoga class..." but c'mon, it's Kazzy. I had to keep reading. :)

And I'm glad I did. This is terribly funny. Imagine if you watched your idol killing off your friends one by one. I think there might be a bit of trust lost at some point.

I'm so glad you didn't look him in the eye. Please NEVER do!

Margy | November 9, 2008 at 6:59 PM

So funny! You almost make me want to get up early for yoga class. Almost.

Sabine Berlin | November 11, 2008 at 8:57 AM

LOL! Hey where do you take Yoga? Do they offer children's classes or private lessons? I am in search for my daughter who has scoliosis. The DR ssaid it would help with the pain!