iphone...the other woman

So, I fully admit that when I got my brand new Mitsubishi Outlander last summer I felt like I loved it.  Not just that it was new and clean and had some really cool features, but that I actually LOVED it.  I took friends on drives and offered to chauffeur whenever the opportunity arose.  I took pictures of it from all different angles.  It became my place of solace here and there when I wanted some peace and quiet so I could read or listen to music.  Hey, it has an amazing sound system.  Plus, it didn't hurt anyone!  By this past spring the novelty wore off and I started to see the Outlander for what it really is... an awesome vehicle, and that's it.  *sniff*

Now my husband has found someone else.  She is beautiful and thin and does whatever he asks. She even seems to be able to guess what he needs before he says it.  The thing that's hard is that he flaunts his relationship right in front of everyone... at home, church, wherever.  And he seems to almost go into panic mode when they are not together.  I admit that I am jealous, and I have become a real defeatist about it because I know I can never match up to her qualities. Yes, the ever-present iphone has become a constant companion.  But if he is on the same time schedule that I was on with my car I only have about one more month until reality sets in and she takes her proper place.  Crossing my fingers...


6 comments

Connie | July 30, 2008 at 9:45 AM

When Andy first got his Apple Computer 25 years ago, (it cost a fortune)I was accused of looking at it as if it were his "illigitimate child". Is that about the same as "the other woman?" All I know is "I gotta fevah and the only prescription is more cow bell!"

Luann | July 30, 2008 at 9:47 AM

I can understand why you feel so threatened, but buck up! It looks like the only thing you really need to compete with "her" is a good cowbell. I have one you can borrow if you want. It is really shiny and has a lovely ribbon that should match most of your day or night outfits.

Just remember, a way to man's heart is through a cowbell.

Kazzy | July 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Hey,Connie! You know the reference! It is a total inside family joke kinda thing. My sibs and I text "more cowbell" to each other!

charrette | July 30, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Hahaha. I love Luann!

That said, my sincere condolences from another i-phone replaced woman. (Although, I confess I don't resent it to that extent.)

Ah, but you have your blog.
Maybe he's jealous too.

Could be time to put away all the electronic pleasure devices and re-connect.

Kazzy | July 30, 2008 at 11:10 AM

OK, so I blew it out of proportion for dramatic effect! Actually, Luann and I laugh all the time about how into electronics we are too! I guess it is a case of the pot calling the cowbell black!

Erin | August 1, 2008 at 1:10 PM

At least you can figure on the novelty wearing off...when Rustin gets a new 'toy' I better start setting an extra place at the table, because it's there to stay! Our newest family member is the XBox and his ONE game --the only game he could possibly want: NCAA College Football '08, which lets him BE the current BYU football team. I've never been so sick of the BYU fight song in all my life!!!