day 176: work with me

Sometimes I wish my eyes were cameras.  

Then I could have a permanent record of things I saw that I thought were beautiful or spontaneous or living free.

I could store up that moment when I was talking to a friend and the light bounced off of her eyes and seemed to really glimmer.  I mean glimmer like there was someone behind them holding a micro flashlight.

Sometimes I wish my eyes were cameras.

Then I could remember that one flashing moment when I looked at boy #4 and thought, man, he really reminds me of my dad.

I could always have the picture of the Duomo in Florence, Italy, to refer to by just closing my eyes and retrieving the image instantly.  With the colors and scaffolding that were wrapped around it while it was being scrubbed and fixed.

But the pictures would lose some power if they were always there.  If I didn't have to do my own recall in my mind.  If I had it too easy.  

So I write and I read and I remember.

 


7 comments

Anonymous | February 10, 2010 at 10:58 PM

You are an amazing writer!!!

Kazzy | February 10, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Thanks, Rachael. I have weird random thoughts that I like to cement in by writing about them.

CHERRANNE | February 11, 2010 at 2:26 AM

:-)

Robin | February 11, 2010 at 12:16 PM

If my eyes were cameras, eveything would be the wrong color.

Luann | February 11, 2010 at 3:55 PM

But Robin, I would LOVE a glimpse of how you see things. And that goes for you too Camera Kazz.

Pictures are not only an image of what is in front of the lens, but also are telling of whomever is behind it. We could all snap a photo of the exact same thing and each one would be different. Because we are different.

Love this idea, and rach is right. Very well written.

Connie | February 11, 2010 at 4:56 PM

I need my eyes to be cameras and my brain to be a tape recorder so I can REMBMBER what I've seen and heard! Otherwise, I'm in a fog! Huh?
Great thoughts.

Lola Sharp | February 11, 2010 at 10:35 PM

A lovely post...well written.

~lola