day 294: my nerdy missionary

My son's best friend for the past year before his mission was this beautiful young woman you see here, giving him a goodbye hug the night before #2 left on his mission.  This boy of mine is run by his conscience, which is one of the most sensitive you will ever encounter.  Because of this, we called this cute person behind him his "friend", even though I think it was more than that.

One of their favorite past times was to play Magic, The Gathering, and to draw cartoons that were set in medieval times.  Like the title says, nerds.  Hard core.  But the cutest, funniest, best-looking nerds you will ever know.  Today I got a text from #2's "friend" that said, I sent him a package with peanut butter and drawings of fish dudes!

Don't say I didn't warn you.

9 comments

Unknown | June 10, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Isn't it great to see a quirky little pot find his equally quirky lid? Cute, cute, cute!

LisAway | June 10, 2010 at 3:09 AM

That is going to be one happy nerd. I mean missionaries.

gigi | June 10, 2010 at 6:01 AM

Cute!

Momza | June 10, 2010 at 7:00 AM

That's sweet! Where is #2 serving?
Wherever he is, he'll have a better day once that package arrives, no doubt.

Bossy Betty | June 10, 2010 at 7:45 AM

Nerd couples have the most fun!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan | June 10, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Very darling. I look forward to seeing what happens after the peanut butter.

Barbaloot | June 10, 2010 at 9:41 AM

DeNae totally said it best. There definitely is a lid for every pot:)

Kimberly Vanderhorst | June 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Aww...nerds are the cutest. I'm so happy to have married one.

Luann | June 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Nerds have always held a special place in my heart. Geeks, too. And yes, I know I'm one of them.