day 154: i vant to be alone

Sometimes I like to be by myself, which sounds strange coming out of my mouth (or fingertips in this case), because I am also quite a social person.  Today, for example, when my husband said he was going to stay home and get on the treadmill, read, etc., I felt a little claustrophobic.  I am nuts for the guy, but it had been a long weekend with me home for most of it.  So even though I don't usually go to my classroom until 11:30, I went in at 9 and got some homework done, along with some organizing and reading.  It was nice.


Worked with the kiddos from noon to 2:40, left for a study group on BYU campus from 3-4, attended my class on Behavior and Social Skills from 4-6:45, and then rushed to a church meeting from 7-9.

Yeah, one of those 12-hr days.  Today I would like to be more social.  I want to see my kids and hug them and check in on homework.  I want to get dinner started for the family before I go to class tonight.

But I am betting that sometime soon I might crave a little bit of alone time again.

9 comments

Robin | January 20, 2010 at 8:59 AM

This I understand.

Kimberly Vanderhorst | January 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I understand this. I've become a social butterfly who flit-flit-flits and sometimes...oh my...how good it is to rest the wings...

wendy | January 20, 2010 at 7:26 PM

alone time is very theraputic I think . but a nice balance is best of socializing and alone.
I am around hubby 24/7.....seriously. Love the guy , yessireee, but there are moments when I am like "isn't there somewhere you need to be" (tee,hee) He spends quite alot of time outside with the horses and stuff though ----so I guess we do get SOME separation.

Your days are BUSY girl

That Girl | January 20, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Pretty sure we crave whatever we don't have.

If I'm alone a lot, then I crave people. If I'm crowded a lot, then I flee for some space.

If I were you, I'd want some Me Time, too.

Heidi | January 20, 2010 at 10:57 PM

You.Are.Amazing.

Charlotte | January 21, 2010 at 6:34 AM

One of the hardest things for me about staying home with my little ones is the lack of alone time. I really enjoy being alone at least a little while each day. My husband used to work all nights and it was hard to adjust when he stopped and I no longer had my alone time.

Dedee | January 21, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Spirals. Many, Many spirals. Alone, together and on!

Jenny | January 21, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I am finally just taking some me time right now. I am with you on the "i vant to be alone". I think some times we need it.

Melanie Jacobson | January 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM

I totally understand this, too. I get very little alone time any more now that I have a toddler so I treasure it even though I love the comnpany of others.