in which some things are actually accomplished

Starting at about 3 o'clock my mind starts wandering about what I can make for dinner.  What my evening commitments are.  Etc.  I end up feeling really muddy when I am between things that need me to make a decision or to JUST TAKE ACTION ALREADY!  Today I cinched up tickets for my son and daughter-in-law to join us back east for our beach vacay in North Carolina.  Huge checkmark on my list.  Also bought the one-way ticket for my 14-year old to fly home after he stays an extra 2 weeks in Virginia with my parents (tradition in my family).  Another thing done.  I can't tell you how settled I feel when those things at the back of my mind get done and I can move on to something else.





Something else unsettled.  Is this a slice of Americana, or what?  Still no offers, but the nice thing is that we love our house and will be just fine here if we do not sell it.  Luckily I have been busy enough finishing school and getting through the year with my little students, that I have not obsessed about the house.  I feel very zen about the whole thing.  Like trying less is what I am supposed to do.

So the message here?  Realize what little things I can control in my life and try to knock them out.  Some of the other things?  Let them go and they usually solve themselves.  And THAT I am settled on.

19 comments

Connie | May 2, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Great message! I needed to read this one today! Thanks!
How exciting you get to go on vacation this summer. It's good your whole family (minus your missionary, of course) can be there.

p.s. I like purse dialing. It made my day.

Unknown | May 2, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Boy, did I need to hear this.

Kristina P. | May 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Look at DeNae's angelic picture. Man, what a sucker people are ho believe it!

But I can so totally relate to this. When we do sell, great, but if not, I'm fine with it.

Barbaloot | May 2, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Love your red door. NC sounds fun:)

Stacy | May 2, 2011 at 9:17 PM

We're in the same situation in a lot of ways- trying to find renters, trying to find a new place to live, running into brick walls and trying to trust that there's a spot for us. There has to be some zen for me somewhere.

Marianne | May 2, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Excellent. You have a way of seeing things for what they really are...and helping me do the same.

That's why I love you so much!! Thank you!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan | May 2, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Very wise Kazzy.
It sounds like your ducks are in a row and that's all that needs to be done.

What is for dinner tomorrow?

Kazzy | May 3, 2011 at 7:46 AM

Probably the rest of the fettucine alfredo I made last night. :)

Kim | May 3, 2011 at 8:36 AM

AMEN!!

Becca | May 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM

So I feel silly even offering you any suggestions, since you're so zen with everything:), but here's something we've been doing. After we do our weekly Calendar Pow-wow (either Sunday or at FHE), we plan meals around what our evening commitments are. Then I shop once in the week, and recruit helpers for each meal that I won't be able to handle myself.

(Yes. I realize that you didn't ask. I am the Reigning Queen of Unsolicited Advice.)

Kazzy | May 3, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Becca, those are great reminders. I end up shopping for generic things we always need and then putting something together. I used to be so much better at menu planning. You have inspired me to get back to it!

Lesa | May 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM

You are always so wise and positive.

wendy | May 3, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Being "settled" is a feat for sure. I don't do well with settled lately. It'll come. Because there is MUCH I can't change or control right now.
I believe, however, YOU are one to find your "place of calm and peace"

Linde | May 3, 2011 at 8:32 PM

You may have mentioned this in an earlier post, but why are you trying to sell?

Joanie | May 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I think you have a great philosophy, what is meant to be will happen.
Have a great vacation this summer.

Ca88andra | May 5, 2011 at 4:18 AM

So, I'm curious - what did you make for dinner? I'm beginning to be very tired of trying to think of different dinners to make!

Jenny Lynn | May 6, 2011 at 10:27 AM

I needed this reminder my self. Love the message.

The Way I See It | May 7, 2011 at 11:20 PM

That's such a great lesson and good reminder. I need it in vinyl lettering and hung in my house.

Heidi | May 16, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Very good advice and uber applicable to me and my situation right now.