gospel avatar

So I bought Christmas early for my three youngest guys this year because they were all talking about the new handheld gaming system that #2 could afford right away and the youngest two had to wait until the holiday for.

Anyway....  I wanted them to pal around and enjoy this thing together,  so I handed over a wad of bills and sent them out the door to buy three and wished them a "Merry Christmas" as they happily hugged me and rushed out to make the purchase.

One of the cool things about this new gaming system is the ability to recognize people passing with the same system. In other words, my son can be trotting across campus and his system will import the avatar of the passing person and an immediate game will commence with them both. Cool, huh?

I was thinking about this in relation to missionary work. What if we had the desire to share the gospel and as we walked around in our lives we got some kind of alert or inner alarm that sounded when we passed someone who wanted to hear our message?  Are there subtle alerts we miss? Are we losing sensitivity? 

I am recommiting to missionary work and looking forward to reaching out.

2 comments

Lara Neves | November 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

That is pretty cool. I've been thinking a lot about gospel sharing and just how hard it can be for me....I am working on it.

Valerie | November 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

What a great thought!