day seventeen: fill 'er up

So snack was not a huge hit today with the kiddos. Celery with blue cream cheese (we put some drops of blue food coloring into a ziploc with the cheese and passed it around for communal squishing) topped with goldfish. After a few kids said "Yuck!" when asked if they wanted snack today, I had to remind them that the proper answer is, "No, thank you." The kids who did eat were ravenous, and a few boys were given seconds and thirds.

Before work I went to see boy #4 in his student council assembly at his school. It was so much fun to see him be brave up on stage. He is not really known for enjoying the spotlight. After leaving the school I went to get my hair trimmed and then to get the car washed. Then a quick shower before heading in to the classroom.

Off to a womens' BYU volleyball game tonight with some friends. I have invited a few couples, but I am not sure how many are locked in, so I will need to make some phone calls later. Long weekend ahead, which I will use to get ahead on a few assignments for my classes.

You know those days where you just have a warm feeling about your life? Where nothing big necessarily is going on, but things seemed to be lined up well? This is me. Today.

6 comments

Lara Neves | September 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM

That's a wonderful feeling to have. :)

Lanie | September 4, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I'm so glad you are having one of those nice days...Love you.

Connie | September 4, 2009 at 9:58 PM

Yuk? Don't those kids know how good that is?
Feeling good about your life...what a blessing!

Dedee | September 5, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Love days like that!

And now I want some celery with cream cheese and goldfish crackers!

April | September 5, 2009 at 6:54 PM

I think I would have forgotten my manners if you offered me blue cheese too. Sorry. Glad you are feeling good about your life!

Kazzy | September 5, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Hey, you can't taste the blue! It was just food coloring. :)