day eighty: curry and conversation

I fell asleep on the couch from about 3:45 until 4:30 this afternoon in an effort to regenerate before cleaning and making dinner for me, Geo, and four friends.  I woke up to HGTV and the sound of my kids out front in the yard visiting with some of their friends, and then I got busy vacuuming and dusting and unloading the dishwasher, knowing it would be filled to the brim twice more before the night was over.

Geo entertained the gang while I finished up in the kitchen.  They talked about new media, rhetoric, writing, as I made naan, broccoli, rice, sliced tomatoes, and curry chicken.  I thought I would share the easy- peasy chicken secret with you.  Please excuse the loose measurements, but I only cook with a recipe when it is something that will be baked  :)

CURRY CHICKEN

  • cook boneless, skinless chicken breasts in crockpot
  • dice into bite-sized pieces
  •  in pan, heat a few tablespoons of oil, a big pinch of coriander, 6-8 cardamon pods, and a few teaspoons of curry powder
  • add diced chicken and cook over medium high heat
  • after chicken is coated with spices turn heat to low and add a large container of vanilla yogurt
  • warm through and serve alongside rice
Namaste

8 comments

Heather | November 7, 2009 at 4:36 AM

That sounds so yummy! Do you amke your own naan? I am the same way with things that aren't baked, whatever feels right.

Connie | November 7, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Thanks for the easy peasy recipe! So nice to have friends to share curry and conversation.
p.s. Glad you had a nap.

Kazzy | November 7, 2009 at 7:43 AM

The naan is easy too. Let me know if you want that recipe;)

Juliana | November 7, 2009 at 8:12 AM

Sounds delicious! And I'd love your naan recipe. :)

wendy | November 7, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Glad you got a nap.
It is fun to have people over.
and I love curry, so I will be trying that receipe.
Yum-o as Rachael Ray always says

why do cooking shows always make things look so easy and they are NOT

Kimberly Vanderhorst | November 7, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I can't wait to get home and try the recipe out. I'm yearning to spend time in my kitchen again and that chicken sounds so yummy!

Luann | November 8, 2009 at 6:26 AM

Mmmmm, sounds so good. Both the nap and the food. :)

LisAway | November 11, 2009 at 6:46 AM

Oh, I'm definitely going to try this! (if I can find cardamom pods over here, which I highly doubt, but I might just omit them. . .) Sounds simple and yummy. Just my thing. And it'll make me feel like I ate dinner at your house (except that if you made it, it would taste more of cardamom. . .)