day ninety-four: spear and magic helmet

When our kids were all little we (OK, Geo and I) always cracked up over Bugs Bunny classics.  The Barber of Seville was a favorite, along with the parody of The Flight of The Valkyries. 



Kill the wabbit!  Kill the wabbit!  Kill the wabbit! Kill the wabbit!

We accidentally ran across it online tonight and got almost teary with nostalgia as we watched it.  Bugs dressed as a woman to distract Elmer from using his spear and magic helmet.  Elmer falling in love with Bugs as the Valkyrie on his (her) white horse.  Good, classic stuff.  Good, classic stuff the six of us used to laugh at together. 

Maybe we will watch it over Christmas.....

6 comments

Luann | November 21, 2009 at 6:24 AM

I was recently explaining the whole concept of Saturday morning cartoons to my kids. No DVR (or VCR), only four channels, and if you slept late on Saturday, you missed your cartoon fix for the whole week.

If Bugs was on, tuning in to anything else was out of the question. Seeing him in drag could always be counted on to elicit a pretty good giggle. I think the Halloween special was my favorite.

Anonymous | November 21, 2009 at 7:26 AM

My kids love Bugs Bunny. And Daffy Duck. They can't get enough of Daffy. They think it's a good day when Daddy breaks out the youtube videos from our childhood. They are also big fans of the Swedish Chef. :)

AnneMarie | November 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM

OK, now the song in going through my head "with his spear and magic HEL-met"

Connie | November 21, 2009 at 12:10 PM

OH, Bugs Bunny cartoons are classic. Why wait til Christmas? I'm in the mood to watch some right now.

wendy | November 22, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I miss the old cartoons --I think the cartoons our little ones watch now are DUMB
-maybe it is just me

but what the crap is Sponge Bob Square Pants all about

Jenny | November 22, 2009 at 12:50 PM

This was a favorite of mine! Must be the inner child speaking.