day 124: she is

My mom turned 70 today.  We were joking yesterday about avoiding mirrors, especially those of the full-length variety, going gray, and getting dressed in the dark.  She's a little hot tamale, my mom.  I just wanted to list a few things I appreciate about her.

* she is fiercely loyal to her family
* she likes to take care of people
* she trusts me
* she creates a homey atmosphere wherever she is (even when she is a guest at my place)
* she is a fun-loving grandmother
* she always protected us when we were all kids
* she has great taste
* she is a great cook
* she thinks I have a terrific husband (and she is right)
* she loves my dad
* she enjoys laughing
* she has a huge heart in a little body

I am grateful for my mom, for her example of strength and devotion to our family.  What a lady.

10 comments

Barbaloot | December 21, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Happy Birthday to your mom!

Luann | December 21, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I love your list and I agree, right down the line. She's the best. :)

Lanie | December 21, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Wow, a hot tamale..maybe I'll put the mirrors back up..turning 70 may not be that bad after all...really, thanks Kazzy I love you too.

Kimberly Vanderhorst | December 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM

When I read a sweet post like this I just want to be a better Mom in hopes my children will think as highly of me some day. What a beautiful tribute!

Erin | December 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM

What a sweet tribute to your mom. Happy birthday to her!

charrette | December 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM

I agree...your mom is terrific. I loved her instantly.

Minna | December 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM

what a wonderful tribute to your mom, my friend! she deserves every word of it and i know you are a wonderful mom as well in part because of her example. i am very lucky to have been her friend then and now. loveyouall.

Connie | December 21, 2009 at 4:18 PM

Your mom doesn't look 70! That's a great list of things you appreciate in her. Funny, many of those same qualities are in you!

Heather of the EO | December 21, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Oh, so I see where you get it then. :)

Happy Belated Birthday to your lovely Mama!

Denise | December 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM

what a sweet post!
i hope my own children will say the same about me.