day 123: foody feelings

Today there will be a 9x13 of manicotti that will be devoured after church.  Some broccoli and bread on the side.  It is so easy to make.

1 lb ricotta cheese
8 oz shredded mozzerella
box of manicotti shells
2 cans of spaghetti sauce (easiest, but use something homemade if you do things like that)


Mix the cheeses together in a bowl until creamy and smooth.  Using a butter knife, stuff the uncooked shells with the cheese mixture.


All shells will fit side by side in a 9x13 pan.  Generously pour both cans of sauce over the top and cover with foil.


Bake for 45 minutes in 375 degree oven.

Ciao!

9 comments

Anonymous | December 20, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Oh YUM.That sounds so delightful. It's a sandwich day here. I'm kinda jealous! :)

AnneMarie | December 20, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Definitely going to be on the menu at our house in the next week! How big are your cans of spaghetti sauce?

Christy Burnett | December 20, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Yum! I am thinking I could even make that! Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly Vanderhorst | December 20, 2009 at 8:15 PM

Manicotti is a huge favourite in our house. I do mine much the same except I whip and egg and a bit of nutmeg and basil in with the ricotta cheese. So yummy!

Joanie | December 20, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I just had that dish while in Canada. My sister in law added Italian sausage to the sauce which added a zip to the dish.

Robin | December 20, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Sounds like grown up food.

MakingChanges | December 20, 2009 at 11:50 PM

YUMMMMMM! Thanks, I always love a good recipe to try.

Lara Neves | December 21, 2009 at 8:38 AM

That sounds amazing. Mmmm.

Erin | December 21, 2009 at 10:30 AM

My stomach started growling while reading this. Delish!