day 132: vocal vacay

Over the Christmas break I am taking a hiatus from my usual Musical Monday post in order to rejuice my ideas and recover from my busy December.  I will be back to singing on Monday January 11 with some non-Christmas tunes.  Remember I am always up for requests (and collaborating with local blog friends).

Today it seemed like I spent the entire day getting paper work and leg work done for my pre-missionary son.  In and out of the car.  Back and forth with passport and visa applications.  All of the busy work kind of stuff.  We are in that limbo period where #1 is in transition as he readjusts and preps for BYU.  #2 is in the limbo period before leaving for Mexico, where it's hard to find such a short-term job and he has one foot out the door.  The other boys are enjoying the break and seem to be enjoying hanging out together, which is always a nice thing. 

Geo and I have been spending lots of time playing games and sleeping a little longer than usual in the mornings.  It's been just what the doctor ordered, and I am predicting a hard time getting back to the rigorous routine come next Monday.  But life is good and the cycles come and go in order to help us count our blessings.

5 comments

Midge | December 29, 2009 at 8:49 AM

A break is always good, however...I like, no love structure. I will be glad to get back into the swing of things. That is after my puzzle is done :)

Connie | December 29, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Such a blessing to have a break! Take care and I'll be thinking of a good song for your music mondays...do you like Metallica?

Kazzy | December 29, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Midge- I have to come see the puzzle action going on at your house. Connie- I like Metallica. Thinking of "Nothing Else Matters"? I should check out what karaoke tracks I can find...

Lara Neves | December 29, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Vacations are so nice for sleeping a little longer and getting more done. :)

Heidi | January 4, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Time together is priceless.