day 126: forever

The roads were slick.  I put the car in 4WD, turned on some nice music and drove myself to Draper, where I would meet Geo, and my two oldest children.  Up a mountain side, toward that place that changes lives.

One more son.  One more son.

Tonight we took my second son to the temple in preparation for the two years he will spend as a missionary in Mexico.  I felt the Lord smiling down on me as I saw my husband and our boys (they will always be my boys) there together, arms around each other.

I am blessed.  I am blessed.

5 comments

Barbaloot | December 23, 2009 at 7:56 AM

Did you go to Timpanogas? Cuz I was there, too, for my cousin's wedding.

Merry Christmas!

Luann | December 23, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Another perfect day. :)

AnneMarie | December 23, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Those are the parent payoff days, aren't they? We went with our son a week and a half ago--great day :)

Connie | December 23, 2009 at 11:30 AM

This is what it's all about! Such a feeling of completeness when you see your child(ren) in the temple!

Erin | December 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM

And you just did this! What a sweet and special time for you.