day 128: wet on my face

I was out doing some last-minute Christmas shopping this morning and found myself so choked up I nearly had to pull over.  Everyone in the family home for Christmas.  Everyone healthy.  A warm home.  Great friends.  A husband who loves me.  Faith that my Heavenly Father loves me enough to send his Son.  For me.

After I left the first store I threw a bag in the back of my car and climbed into the driver's seat to head to my last stop.  In the short 5-minute drive between stores it happened again.  A lump in my throat the size of an ornament on the tree as I silently contemplated my life.  I am humbled, humbled and humbled again as I count my blessings.

6 comments

Marianne | December 24, 2009 at 11:49 PM

I KNOW!!! Oh, how I know. XOXO

Anonymous | December 25, 2009 at 11:12 AM

My heart is in the very same place this Christmas. I am so blessed.

Unknown | December 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM

The blessings just keep coming! Savor the moment, next year will be different but still blessings will come!

Christy Burnett | December 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I liked reading about this. I had a similar experience on the same day as I contemplated my 2009 events. Blessed through trials is how I sum it up.

April | December 26, 2009 at 12:42 AM

I have been blessed through my trials this year. I have received one boy home from a mission and we are getting one ready to go out the end of next summer. I can't believe how quickly they grow up.

Dedee | December 26, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Beautiful! It's been a good year.