Keep Up The Good Work



This is just a mini-blog I wanted to post to acknowledge my son's 8-month mark on his mission. He is already 1/3 of the way through his 2 years, although I am not the mom who will count down everyday.  I am not intending to brag, only to share a part of my life which wouldn't be complete without talking about my children.

Our son is serving in the Kenya Nairobi mission where he works hard proselytizing and strengthening current local members.  He is learning so many terrific life lessons as he dedicates his time serving other people, and I am pleased with the growth we have already seen in him as we read his letters and emails.  I secretly prayed for my son to be assigned to a place where he would have to stretch and where he would be tried.  My prayers were answered and I couldn't be happier.  Elder B. is a great example to his younger brothers, and to his parents, who love him tremendously!


4 comments

Luann | August 11, 2008 at 5:25 AM

Just look at that handsome white boy go! I love these photos you share. The pure joy just beams out of their faces.

I'm sure it's gone slower for you, but WOW, I can't believe it's already been 8 months.

Kazzy | August 11, 2008 at 8:28 AM

Actually, it has flown by! I have been so busy with my job and the kids and the bishop that I have not had the time to sit around and pine. It has been a fantastic thing to see my boy turn into a responsible man that cares about other people more than he cares about himself. What a concept!

Connie | August 12, 2008 at 4:47 AM

Fantastic pictures! Was that a whole family that came in to the church? Elder B looks so good! What an experience for him and for you!

Unknown | August 15, 2008 at 2:42 PM

What an amazing experience! I wanted to be called to Africa or Russia, but was called to Argentina, a place that Jason now owes me a trip to. :)

I'm with you. I pray that my children who serve missions will be called to places where they are able to test their strengths and grow. AWESOME!