day sixteen: missive to a couch

Dearest Couch,

Thank you for always being there for me. During this past week your tolerance for me has been tried and tested, and may I just say that you have passed with flying colors. After I get the kids off to school and kiss the husband goodbye as he leaves for work, I have used you as a place of quiet reflection, a place to fold laundry, and a place hold my bag loaded with books and papers and pens. And at the end of the day, after I have been the teacher and then the student, I often visit you again. You know, just so you know I still care. Your brown leathery comfort helps me to relax and stretch out my weary body. You are the best.

XOXO,
Kazzy

ps Sorry for the teensy bit of drool tonight when I passed out.

7 comments

Barbaloot | September 4, 2009 at 7:59 AM

I'm so with you on this. I have two new, leather couches in my living room and one, older-than-me hide a bed that I ALWAYS sit on. It's the best:)

Melanie Jacobson | September 4, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Snort. I think I owe my sofa a similar note.

Erin | September 4, 2009 at 9:47 AM

I...just realized that I don't have the right email address for you...if you want to shoot it my way, I'll add you to my list of invited readers for our blog--we changed it to allow only approved viewers...ALSO, :) I know you're super busy these days, but could you find a few minutes to visit with an old friend/young women? Like, say, sometime in the first week of October?

MakingChanges | September 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I love my couch. We are tight friends! Been with each other through 4 babies, lots of house guests and long days.

Dedee | September 5, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I've so much drool on my couch. . .

Juliana | September 8, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Thanks for making me laugh out loud! I can relate to the love of my couch, too! We've spent many drowsy hours together.

CHERRANNE | September 10, 2009 at 2:34 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!