road trip days 15 and 16: what it's all about

Combined days here because there was no Internet connection to be found last night. So, here I am at the Outer Banks in North Carolina. If you don't know where it is look on a map of the state and then check out the coast line. See that very VERY skinny stretch of land that could be taken out by a tsunami? Yes, that is where I am. We are here as an entire family, minus one sister-in-law and my missionary son. My sister's beach house is on the side of the island facing west, or, as we call it, the sound side. This first picture I posted is of sunset right down the street. Heaven, I tell you.

Today we spent all day at the beach and I am already browning up like the good little Portuguese girl I am. The ancestors would be proud. Tomorrow, more time chilling at the ocean, and maybe a drive to a lighthouse. Life is so thick I can taste it.

5 comments

Connie | July 10, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Looks like a gorgeous place!
Couldn't help but notice the contrast between all the dark-haired, brown-eyed people and the blue-eyed blonde in the last picture. All beautiful people.
Glad you're enjoying your visit with your family. Now THAT'S what it's all about.

Joanie | July 10, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Looks so peaceful and beautiful. I agree with Connie about the contrast from dark to light hair. What a treat to be with the whole family. Enjoy.

Becca | July 11, 2011 at 8:15 AM

I. Want.

Marianne | July 11, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Look at those BLUE eyes! Wow.

I'm so glad you're having a wonderful time. Keep up the good work!!

gigi | July 12, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Gorgeous family and sunset, enjoy it all.