day five: temples and cabins

This afternoon we went to my niece's new cabin up near Heber. It was a nice cool evening and we ate bbq chicken and salad and bread. I love Sundays. After dinner we took a nice walk down the unpaved road toward the property line of the forest service. Beautiful tall aspen trees with leaves fluttering in the cool breeze. It was a nice day.

This morning we attended the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain LDS Temple remotely, from our own chapel here in Springville. As we sat in chairs in the section that usually serves at the cultural hall (gym) I found it a nice and poignant coincidence to look up and see the scoreboard above my head. The speaker was talking about the Adversary having less power as the number of temples on the earth grew. And then I noticed "home" and "visitors" above me. I like being on the home team.

Tomorrow we move boy #2 out to the dorms, after I put in a huge day at work. There will be a little emotion here tomorrow. I am concerned that he is concerned. As I have mentioned before, this son of mine is a bit of a homebody, content to have his own room downstairs filled with books, art supplies, and his laptop. He is easy to please, but can be reluctant to reach out. I want him to be happy and to make friends and to succeed and to ... Lots of wishes. Lots of love.

ps I am published over at www.mormonwoman.org today

8 comments

Melanie Jacobson | August 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM

"I like being on the home team."

I kinda love that.

CHERRANNE | August 23, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Hey, Kaz. I wish You the best tomorrow! Tell Adam that I am proud of Him. :-)

Connie | August 24, 2009 at 7:20 AM

It was a beautiful Sabbath and sounds like you had a relaxing time in the mountains.
Liked your observation of the Home team. Congrats on being published and good luck moving A out. Such mixed emotions!

Luann | August 24, 2009 at 8:40 AM

You find the best metaphors in everyday things. I love that about you.

Dedee | August 24, 2009 at 12:49 PM

I like being on the home team too!

Good luck on the move this evening. Be well!

charrette | August 24, 2009 at 3:14 PM

LOVE your thoughts about the scoreboard. LOVE being on the winning team!

A will do great tomorrow! I'm excited for him.

Linde | August 24, 2009 at 3:50 PM

That is cool to see your work published.

Amazing your kids are that old! To be doing what we were just doing "yesterday."

Anonymous | August 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Go Home Team!!!