day three: date night

You know, all it takes sometimes to get through the day with a decent attitude is the prospect of going out in the evening. So when the man asked what I wanted to do tonight I asked him to plan the whole thing (along with my BFF's husband, since it is a double date) so that I could be surprised and feel taken care of. OK, sometimes we need to ask to get what we want, right?

Today was a good day, mostly because my district mentor came into my room and scooped up some of the paper work I had looming over me and took it away. She said she would take care of things for me and get back to me on Monday. Oh, happy day! I was on my way to getting things figured out and done, but because I am a first year Spec Ed teacher she took some pity on me. Usually all of the forms and meetings I have been buried in don't happen for months into the school year, but when kids enter the system "unpapered" we need to get everything lined up right.

Smart little boys and girls. Cute faces. Promise.

And now off to eat a nice dinner with Mr. Mine.

10 comments

charrette | August 21, 2009 at 11:38 PM

I think it's great you guys go out every week. I wish we did that.

Hooray for pampering! I hope Gid planned a wonderful evening -- you deserve it!

CHERRANNE | August 22, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Kaz-Thanks for the awesome visit! Have You been inspired to do blingery? I hope so. :-) Hope that You have had a fab night!

Anonymous | August 22, 2009 at 10:29 AM

I'm so excited for you and know you're going to be so great!!! Please let me know of anything (and I mean anything) I can help out with!!!

gigi | August 22, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Hope it was a great evening.

Barbaloot | August 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Ooh-I hope he picked some fun things for your date night:

Connie | August 22, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Date night...what is that exactly? Oh yeah, when the daughters and their husbands go out and ask me to babysit. Now I remember.
Hope you had fun. So happy to see you today. You were the motivation to keep going. I didn't want to look bad in front of you! Have a good weekend.

Graciesmom | August 22, 2009 at 4:13 PM

You definitely have to ask sometimes! Hope you had a great night.

April | August 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I LOVE my Friday night dates! They give me something to look forward to!!!

Anonymous | August 22, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I understand! Glad you got some help. Hope you have a great date night.

Dedee | August 24, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Love me some date night!