day 101: kidless

It was nice to have our boys all sleep over at their cousin's place last night so that Geo and I could have some time together. With our completely hectic lives it often feels like we need to get reacquainted on a regular basis. Not that that is a horrible thing.

I am not sure what got into me this morning, but I got up around 7:20 and started to really scrub the kitchen. I think with my oldest son returning from Africa after two years, and the holidays coming, I am feeling that old familiar nesting feeling coming on. It feels good to do something tangible and obvious after all of my theoretical undertakings this semester.

After spending the afternoon getting some shopping done, G and I stopped for a soda and then headed to SLC to pick up the guys. Pizza on the way home, and now some quiet time with my shoes off and my computer on my lap. The tree and the bazillion nutcrackers come out tomorrow.

Fa la la la la la la la la. :)

6 comments

Kimberly Vanderhorst | November 28, 2009 at 5:59 AM

You seem to me to be the master of the simple pleasure. Love it.

Unknown | November 28, 2009 at 9:41 AM

It is nice to have some alone time. Doesn't happen very often with kids. The visual of a bazillion nutcrackers is quite frightening!

Dedee | November 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Oh. The tree.

Hmmm. . .

Sounds like a perfect weekend though.

wendy | November 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Doesn't sound like you had a break - cleaning the bathroom and all.
nutcrackers eh ---- I collect rocking horses.
fa la la la la indeed

wendy | November 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM

um, I meant kitchen ---but I bet you cleaned the bathroom too didn't ya

Heidi | December 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Sound perfectly perfect!