day 227: lessons from gandalf

I sat across from my husband tonight at Magleby's and enjoyed my Blackened Chicken Linguini and some good conversation.  We talked about people we care about that are struggling.  A bit of helplessness, mixed with optimism, as strange as that sounds.  

Later, snuggled up on the couch after dinner, Geo, #4, and I watched The Fellowship of the Ring.  I have seen it before, multiple times, but when you hear truth through ears and a heart that have had new experiences, you hear it differently.  

Even the smallest person can change the course of history.

The most we can do is to do the best we can with the time we have been given.

Two truths.  Two reasons to cry, just a little.  And two reasons I think Gandalf is one cool wizard.

5 comments

Connie | April 3, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Both good quotes. Makes you sit up and take note. Have a good Conference Saturday.

gigi | April 3, 2010 at 7:30 AM

Sounds like a most enjoyable evening :)

Happy Easter weekend.

Anonymous | April 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Gandalf rocks. Best wizard ever.

Lola Sharp | April 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Gandalf is indeed one cool wizard. Truth, that.

Happy Easter, my friend.

Love,
Lola

Heidi | April 4, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I agree, it is something to cry about. Because I want to do so much more.