day 244: parts of me

I am a part of all that I have met.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

To the unnamed people that have become part of me...



The time that you talked to me on the phone when I thought my life was falling apart.
The way you made me laugh so hard it hurt during high school choir class.
The way you listen to me when I need an ear.
The way you help me when I think my problems are insurmountable.
The way you call me princess.  Still.
The way you still let me smooch you right on the cheek every morning.
The way you always have a smile when you see me at church.
That one time you brought balloons to my house on my first birthday in the neighborhood.
The time you said you loved me when I thought I was going to need a medical procedure.
The great example you have been to me over the years as you have demonstrated faith and endurance.
The sweet notes on my pillow for Mothers Day.
For the stack of love letters in my dresser drawer.
The money you always put in my checking account when I was a stupid college student.
The great lessons I have sat and listened to you teach.

13 comments

Robin | April 20, 2010 at 12:51 AM

What a beautiful list. You have truly been blessed.

Dona | April 20, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Makes me want to make a list, too.

Connie | April 20, 2010 at 6:38 AM

I found this quote in a teacher book:
"No matter what accomplishments you make, somebody helps you."
You are very blessed and you bless the lives of others.

LisAway | April 20, 2010 at 7:27 AM

The blog posts you write that show what you are grateful for every day and the way they make me think.

Heather | April 20, 2010 at 7:40 AM

Hey, Lisa just said what I was going to say! I love your blog becasue it makes me think about what is really important. Our lives really are touched by so many others. Thanks for contributing to the quality of my life.

Juliana | April 20, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Beautiful reminder :)

Heather of the EO | April 20, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Yes, you are blessed indeed!

wendy | April 20, 2010 at 2:20 PM

so true ---maybe that is why I have a hard time letting go of some things/people.
They have becomes such a part of ME

and I will always carry a piece of them

Kimberly Vanderhorst | April 20, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Such a sweet tribute. Visiting your blog is always such a joy.

Candy Eash | April 20, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Such a good list! I always feel like our lives are more necessarily intertwined than we realize. Thanks for the reminder. :)

amber_mtmc | April 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

I read a few of these and thought how you have helped me. Have I thanked you yet? No? Well let me say it then.

THANK YOU!!!

Lola Sharp | April 24, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Lovely, as always.

Again, in your brevity you say SO much.
I adore your posts.

Anonymous | August 12, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Yes, really. I agree with told all above.