day 242: spring cleaning

What is it about cleaning things out and stuffing my trash can full that makes me feel so good?  I don't like being surrounded by too much stuff.  I need to breathe.  I need to have some good elbow room.  It helps me stay sane.  Today as the four of us were cleaning the back yard up, cleaning out the car port, cleaning kitchen cupboards, and organizing stuff, I felt lighter.  Now, the trick is not cleaning things out so that I can refill them more easily.  Yeah, that's the trick.

So, how can I stay sane when my calendar needs a good cleaning out?  How can I get it emptied out and not immediately find new ways to refill it?  I think I need a personal assistant.  

Any takers?


9 comments

Dona | April 18, 2010 at 3:31 AM

Spring cleaning does feel great!

But....

I think you could very well be the last person on the planet that is in need of a personal assistant. If there were 2 of you, you (and the other you), would rule the world, or Springville at the very least.

gigi | April 18, 2010 at 6:13 AM

No but you are welcome to come to my house and declutter.

Connie | April 18, 2010 at 7:31 AM

You just need a clone.

De-junking is rejuvenating! Good for you!

Lola Sharp | April 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Oh sign me up as needing a personal assistant too!

Rachel Cotterill | April 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I love throwing things away and making space. Sadly, it never seems to last that long!

wendy | April 18, 2010 at 4:45 PM

too bad we/I can't clean out our souls like that.
get rid of all the stuff that weighs us down
feel lighter!!

Practice this KAZZY -NO say it over and over, keep your calendar "free" for fun

Luann | April 18, 2010 at 6:03 PM

I'll sign on as your assistant if you'll sign on as mine. I'll be getting the better deal.

Lara Neves | April 19, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I love spring cleaning, but since my calendar is so jam packed I haven't actually done any.

I am holding out till May.

Hope your planner clears up, too!

amber_mtmc | April 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM

I guess the hardest part of de-cluttering a calendar is the non existence of a trash can. Really, you can't just shake all the appointments into the trash can!