day 235: this day

The cool wind on my face makes me feel good.  A fresh start.  A new cycle of things.  #2 would like Seattle.  He is a cloudy sky, drizzly air, dramatic weather kind of guy.  I think about him a lot today as I float on this boat heading back toward the city, after a long, good day out on beautiful islands.



I eat strawberries and cream and sit at the big oak table with my friend, and we talk about nostalgic things, like having children, not having children, commitments.  We share feelings about choices we have made.  Ones we would remake, ones we might rethink.  Our husbands are listening to the news in the next room and my boys are upstairs putting on sleeping clothes and tucking themselves into bed.  We all are paired up and finding out things about each other, and ourselves. 

And now a plan for our return to real life.  Hotels, mountain passes, responsibilities.  All of these things waiting for us.  And I sleep.

7 comments

Luann | April 11, 2010 at 4:56 AM

I could spend all day standing on the bow of a slow moving boat and looking out at the water. Then to finish the day with strawberries, cream, friends and family. Sublime.

Hopefully it's the kind of serenity that will hang with you for a while. You've earned it.

Connie | April 11, 2010 at 7:02 AM

I hope these past few days have been a rejuvenation of body and soul.
I'm sure you have been thinking a lot about #2.
Love the picture!

Sabine Berlin | April 11, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Have a safe trip home!

wendy | April 11, 2010 at 9:06 PM

I used to live about 2 hours north of Seattle once upon a time..in British Columbia. I loved it there. I actually don't mind the rain.
you look very peaceful. good time to reflect

charrette | April 12, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I'm so envious you're in Seattle! I'm a a cloudy sky, drizzly air, dramatic weather kind of gal myself. I like to call them "watercolor skies".

Dedee | April 14, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Lovely. Those days are marvelous.

Be well.

Melanie Jacobson | April 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Did you get to go out in the Sound? I spent a few days on Whidbey Island last year and loved it. I want to go back.