day 230: mannequin crime scene

Driving down University Avenue tonight, on the way home from Brick Oven with the kids, #2 and I both saw a crime scene out the corners of our eyes.  We both gasped as we noticed a half-clad woman lying on the sidewalk, head detached.  What else could we do, but stop and take pictures.  A quick u-turn at the light and we found ourselves in the perfect spot to decifer the evidence.

Lying in front of a small office.  Face kicked in.





Left with no dignity.






And a crown that matched her torn dress.






Yep, it was the Liberty Tax mannequin.





Poor thing.  Nobody likes to pay taxes.  And just because you have a nice figure and a matching outfit, don't think you are exempt from wrath.

9 comments

LisAway | April 6, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Oh that's. . . funny? Too bad you didn't get there in time to rescue Lady Liberty! Love your "exempt from wrath" there. :)

Charlotte | April 6, 2010 at 6:27 AM

The rise is mannequin violence is alarming!

Connie | April 6, 2010 at 6:57 AM

I've seen people dressed in those same clothes, waving a sign while dancing. They best beware!

Kazzy | April 6, 2010 at 7:29 AM

I didn't want to tamper with the evidence. :)

Samuel | April 6, 2010 at 7:33 AM

I think that's awful. Those Liberty Tax mannequins are *veery* expensive. No matter how funny it may be, it's still vandalism; both destructive and against the law.

Marianne | April 6, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Good grief!! You scared me half to death. I'm glad it wasn't a real person!

Good luck tomorrow!!

Unknown | April 6, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Oh my gosh I would have FREAKED!! I have bad night vision to begin with, and it would have taken a LOOOONG look for me to figure out what I was seeing!

(And way to go, endorsing public nudity and vandalism, Kaz. Cuz that's totally what this post was about, right??)

Lola Sharp | April 6, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Didn't her momma tell her to always wear panties with dresses and skirts? She must have missed that memo.

Love this photo, and that you guys stopped to take it!

Luann | April 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM

Oh my gosh. That's one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. She' probably going to need some plastic surgery after this.

The way she's just barely peeking out of the banner in the bottom pic is the icing on the cake. I'd be afraid to come back out too.

Note: I in no way support heinous acts of vandalism, no matter how funny they are. But I mean, who knows, maybe the wind did it.