day 247: over pizza and cheesecake

No pictures, sorry, but lots of them in my mind as I reflect on this nice evening.  I met up with 5 women for dinner at Pizzeria 712 in a neighboring city, and we talked about writing and blogging, and family.  Women I had never met before, but I knew.  Especially two of them, whose writing I have been reading for awhile now. 

Afterward off to a gathering where we were joined by about 30 others for an evening of getting acquainted, making connections, and typing into my iPhone the names of blogs that would, by evening's end, be added to my google reader.  I saw a handful of friends that I knew in print, and I was shocked at how quickly we were talking about important things and remembering what we already knew about each other.

On my drive home I thought to myself how, almost accidentally, this blogging world has become a vital part of my creative self.  My self that has things to say and things to search for.  And how happy I am to have a place for that.

15 comments

CiCi | April 23, 2010 at 5:23 AM

That is almost intimidating to me to think of meeting 30 bloggers I read but have not met in person. I know you said some of the blogs were new to you so even just knowing ten blogs, just being around so many women and getting to talk to them in person would be a shock to my system. I realize as I write this that this reaction is part of my old behavior that I am working on. I would feel unworthy to be in that group. So this was good for me to find this post today and remind myself of all the things I am doing to be a healthy worthy open woman.

Charlotte | April 23, 2010 at 6:17 AM

You give me hope that things will go splendidly when I meet bloggers I "know" next month.

gigi | April 23, 2010 at 6:23 AM

I look forward to the day when I can meet in person the onderful ladies that i follow on the internet. Glad you had such a great time. I've got mental pictures of your evening.

The Crash Test Dummy | April 23, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Kazzy!!! I am putting you on my sidebar so I (and my readers) can be calmed by your ponderings. I love your calming presence. It was such a treat to meet you. I agree wholeheartedly about how blogging connects us all at a deeper level.

Bossy Betty | April 23, 2010 at 9:12 AM

So well-said! Glad you all got together!

Blogging sort of saves my sanity--you know?

becca | April 23, 2010 at 9:20 AM

It was a pleasure to meet you for a second last night - and I am loving your blog. I'm sure I'll be back...

Robin | April 23, 2010 at 11:47 AM

I was fairly certain you'd have a good time. It sounds like your kind of event. The only thing that might have made you enjoy it more was if you had been hosting.

Glad it was fun.

Dona | April 23, 2010 at 1:29 PM

How cool are you blogger woman? Super cool! Glad you had fun.

Stacy | April 23, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Wasn't it so fun? I enjoyed meeting you and everyone else so much. I've had a smile on my face all day because of it.

Unknown | April 23, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Such a great night. And how lucky am I? I got to be one of the five women who had dinner with wonderful Kazzy!

Mrs4444 | April 23, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Isn't it incredible, when you think of what we bloggers could accomplish, getting all together IRL? BlogHer was nice, but oh so busy. I would love a local blogger meet-up. So far, though, I haven't run into any!

TheOneTrueSue | April 26, 2010 at 6:06 PM

It was wonderful to meet you and get a chance to talk to you.

Dedee | April 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM

There just wasn't enough time. It was awesome to talk to you!

Kimberly Vanderhorst | April 30, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I wish I'd been one of those women at dinner with you. As Dedee said, there just wasn't enough time.

Luann | May 2, 2010 at 7:16 AM

One of the blessings of the blogosphere is the connection we can make with friends we might otherwise have never, ever known. It sounds like a wonderful evening. :)